Unit VIII: THE URBAN PORTRAIT IN TV NEWS AND "REALITY TV"
- WRITTEN TEXTS:
- R. Andersen, "Cops on the Night Beat" (Ch 7) of Consumer Culture
and TV Programming
- FILM/VIDEO TEXTS:
- DISCUSSION TOPIC: How Does Reality TV Frame Urban Life?
- EXTRA RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE AMBITIOUS:
- Video: Race and Local TV News
- Trachtenberg, "Mysteries of the Great City," (Ch 4/pt.3) in The
Incorporation of America
- Schoch, et. al. "Television News," (pp.39 – 61) (Ch3) of Media Knowledge
- Schoch, et. Al. "Drug Abuse, Race Relations, and the Prime Time News
Program" (pp.63 – 79) in Media Knowledge
- STUDY GUIDE for Unit VIII Readings and Audio Visuals