Unit X: ECONOMIES OF PUBLIC SPACE: The Streets
- WRITTEN TEXTS:
- Lynch, "The City Image and its Elements"
- Whyte, "The Design of Spaces"
- Weisman, "The Private Use of Public Space," in Free Spirits
- FILM/VIDEO TEXTS:
- Video: It WAS a Wonderful Life, M. Ohayon
Resources for It Was A Wonderful Life
- DISCUSSION TOPICS: How is the City Street Experienced; Gender on the City Streets
- EXTRA RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE AMBITIOUS:
- Art in Public/Private Space: Graffiti Web Sources
- Trevor Boddy, "Underground and Overhead: The Analogous City" in Sorkin, Variations